Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Overheard in Pilates Class, Part 2

In the middle of a Pilates 100, the last thing that you want to hear from your 7-month pregnant teacher is “My belly button just popped.” I guess that is the next to the last thing because I really don’t want to deliver a child with a handful of arm bands and balance balls. Don't worry...I'm not medically trained to deliver. I am barely capable of delivering anything significant beyond sundries or disjointed punchlines. But if she breaks water in the middle of class, I will positively freak.


Click to enlarge. Warning: Pilates 100 is capable of popping belly buttons.

She also told us that her dog Pierre, the one that we imitate in our leg segment, is dead. I find this very motivating after holding Plank (instructions and image below) for 90 seconds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm taking pilates with my wife. I'm the only male in the room. And Leslie is the only female below 35. Anyways... I can relate.

10:46 AM  
Blogger anarchic said...

Kudos to you and Leslie. Trust me, the Pilates butt pays off in the end (I apologize for the double entendre).

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.