Saturday, November 12, 2005

Best served cold

“Oh, is that a piece from the Betsey Johnson line? I do say it bears some resemblance. Notice the shredded tulle, the gracefully distressed silk accessory, the organic tones? This must be the product of her new eco-fashion line.”

“What’s that? You’re right. I think that is a homeless person. Good thing you said something. I was about to ask her who her agent was. Well with her gaunt figure and chiseled, sunken jaw line…I’m famished. We need to find a croissant or something before Mui Mui...”

Or a ginormous tofu pie to the face. When Editor Wintour refused to run PETA ads in her magazine, PETA members launched an editor’s worst enemy, public humiliation. I don’t want to include too many political, religious, or feminist ideas in my blurbs, but this was too good. C'mon, it's like hearing your Alexander Pope-praising English teacher fart in class or witnessing Bobo the Insult Clown slam your lame date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.