Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Leaving the Frady Hole

Illustration by Don Woods

Last night, I was revisited by that childhood anticipation of Santa Claus visiting for Christmas. Instead of sending him a letter with my wish list, I cast my ballot. Instead of watching the weather to check on Santa’s flight pattern across the nation*, I watched the incoming poll percentages. I went to bed last night thinking, it’s really going to happen. We’re going to take back the House, in childlike giddiness.

And then when I woke up. Instead of a carton of cigarettes and a Louis L’amour book underneath the tree, the Dems swept the House. To make matters even better, Donald Rumsfeld resigned. It was like getting everything I asked for only to have my rich, beautiful auntie visit for dinner and give me a Barbie Fashion Fever Grow N Style Styling Head. Jeezie Chreezie, can it get any better?

* For anyone who grew up in Green Country during the 1980s, the forecaster who did this the best was Don Woods with his illustrated character named Gusty. Gusty rocked the hizzie every night as Don would give the forecast while sketching this kickass little dude. So much cooler than the Doppler 6008 with 4D mapping systems.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Storm,
I'm with you, its more than I could have hoped for. Though I knew it would only be a matter of time before They shot themselves in the foot with their power. Its really a shame it took so long.

-Satan (from the party)
y.seriously@gmail.com

5:22 PM  
Blogger Bag ' 0 ' Pipes said...

welcome back! It is so nice to read your words again. I thought that the sickness had won.
Great post, it is a new day and the world hopefully will take notice that we as a people / nation, are not a representation of our administration.

12:59 PM  
Blogger anarchic said...

Hey, Satan. When you wrote "from the party," I thought you meant the conservative Republican party. Thanks for your note.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.