Thursday, November 16, 2006

Dear Readers

Like the millions of blog writers who post pathetic apologies for their lack of writing, I hereby give my half-assed attempt of an apology for not writing a more timely entry. My excuse is real life (I know! What a drag!). In the last month, I have been preoccupied by the non-Internet life of the following:

  • Celebrating Toombsday’s birthday.
  • Traveling to Portland, Oregon to plan my next phase for world domination. It involves mariachi music and dwarf waiters. You’re going to love it.
  • Organizing piles of correspondence into origami kites and sailboats.
  • Fulfilling every 12-year-old boy’s fantasy and dressing up as an X-Men character at the fantabulous 2006 Halloween extravaganza courtesy of Megatron.
  • Oh, and it’s November. The busiest month in my line of work wherein the thin line between living in the moment and living on the edge is erased. So if it looks as if I might pierce your soul with an envelope opener, pay no heed and avert your eyes.

I could go further, but rest assured, half-assed attempts at writing will resume once life is normal and I complain about not having enough work to do. To my four readers, my sincere apologies. Here are some linky-links to stuff that makes me happy:

  • This music video is beyond words. Combined mustachio and science fiction kung fu westerns? And a unicorn? It’s a trifecta of interestingness (via goldenfiddle).
  • There are many reasons why I love Dave Eggers. But really, check out this nonprofit community writing center disguised as a store for superhero supplies. Fo real, is there any difference between a teacher/writer and a superhero? I think not.
  • Does anyone get excited when reading Homer and think, Damn! With computer graphics this could be adapted into a film of magnificent proportions! Only to watch Troy and have your hopes dashed. But at least seeing Brad Pitt’s arse makes up for a lack of director’s imagination. Okay, maybe not. But I am understatedly excited about Frank Miller’s 300.

Smooches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.